ACONITUM NAPELLUS 30 FOR EPILEPTIC SEIZURES:
KNOW ABOUT THIS HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE HERE
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder in which the individual suffering from it experiences episodes of seizures of varying intensity. While mild seizures are difficult to identify, severe seizures can turn out to be fatal. In case of severe seizures, there are higher chances of getting injured due to falling or banging limbs against hard surfaces. Also, the sudden surge of erratic electrical activity in the brain causes spasms and twitching muscles involuntarily.
This chronic cerebral disease can affect people of all ages but mainly affects children at very young ages. Therefore enduring the pain associated with epileptic seizures is even more painful.
Homeopathic remedies are deemed to be very beneficial in the management of the seizures caused by epilepsy and long-term medication has reduced the intensity of the spasms. Aconitum Napellus 30 is a well-trusted homeopathic medication used to manage epileptic seizures.
Read ahead to know more about Aconitum Napellus 30 and its efficacy in the treatment of epilepsy.
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT ACONITUM NAPELLUS 30
Aconite, also known as Aconitum napellus, Helmet Flower, Autumn Monkshood, or Prativisha among others, is a perennial plant. The roots of Aconite have medicinal properties and hence are used in homeopathy to prepare therapeutic formulations.
The plants are often similar to delphiniums in appearance and grow to be as tall as 1.5m in length. Usually, the flowers have a characteristic blue or purple color.
In some rare species, the flowers might be of different colors like white, yellow, or pink. Aconitum napellus plants are commonly found in the temperate zones of the United States and Canada. These plants are also seen throughout several regions of Europe, Asia, and Africa.
Aconite plants contain a poisonous alkaloid named aconitine which is extremely potent. There have been many deaths reported all over the world caused due to poisoning by consumption of Aconite. All parts of this plant are toxic with the root being the most lethal.
In homeopathy, Aconitum Napellus is used to prepare medications that help in curing a wide range of physical and mental ailments. The poison when used within safe limits can be used as a remedy to treat medical conditions which lead to the restlessness of the body and the mind.
Aconitum Napellus 30 or aconite 30 dilution is prepared by mixing plant extracts of aconite and ethanol.
WHAT ARE THE USES OF ACONITE NAPELLUS 30?
There exists a huge list of Aconitum Napellus 30 uses. Aconite has been used as both a medicine and a poison since ancient times. Some of the most notable aconite 30 uses are as follows:
- It is beneficial in effectively alleviating nerve pain and other neurological disorders
- Aconite also acts as a disinfectant and therefore can be used for tending wounds
- Aconitum Napellus 30 is effective in reducing the intensity and frequency of epileptic seizures
- Aconite 30 can be used as an effective remedy for anxiety and fear-induced issues in the body and the mind
- It is beneficial in alleviating heavy headedness and burning sensations experienced along with headaches
- Aconitum Napellus 30 can be used to reduce events of vertigo
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. Aconite 30 can considerably reduce eye inflammation and the irritation associated with it
- It can be used to reduce bleeding from the nose
- It can help resolve nerve-related problems which give rise to facial pain and sometimes facial paralysis as well
- Cases of inflammation and congestion of the throat can be effectively treated with the use of Aconitum Napellus 30.
- It can alleviate pain caused due to severe lung infection which gives rise to chest pain, cough, and congestion
- Consumption of 1000 mg of aconite daily for 7 months is said to improve the functioning of the heart and the kidney
- Aconite can also cure issues related to the digestive system which lead to vomiting, acid reflux, etc
- Inflammatory fevers can be battled with the help of Aconite 30
- Aconite when consumed in combination with other herbs might improve sensations of coldness in the hands and feet experienced by an individual
- It can relieve burning sensations in the throat
- Cases of painful and scanty urination accompanied by burning sensation in the bladder and urethra can be addressed with Aconite 30
- Aconite 30 is useful in curing hepatitis
- Acute cases of orchitis and dyspnea can also be treated by using this medication
- This homeopathic medication helps in the treatment of jaundice and pneumonia as well
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF ACONITE NAPELLUS 30?
All parts of the Aconite plant belonging to all species are highly poisonous. The poison spreads across the body fast and leads to several side effects including:
- Severe tiredness or exhaustion
- Partial or complete paralysis
- Troubles in breathing
- Problems related to the heart
Aconite applied to the skin in the form of topical creams to alleviate facial pain can also lead to fatal side effects.
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE OF ACONITE 30
The aconite 30 dosage prescribed by the physician should be strictly adhered to. Extreme caution should be practiced while consuming this particular homeopathic medication. Any attempt in terms of self-medication or carelessness can lead to serious consequences and even death.
PRICE OF ACONITE NAPELLUS 30
Homeopathic medications in general are quite affordable. The market price of aconite 30 SBL ranges between 85/- INR to 100/- INR. The maximum retail price in the case of other notable brands can be as high as 150/- INR.
The use of Aconitum Napellus 30 has considerable safety concerns associated with it. That being said, when taken in amounts not exceeding the non-lethal limit, Aconite 30 is proven to be beneficial in the management of epileptic seizures.
Aconitine acts as an anticonvulsant by increasing the entry of sodium into muscles, nerves, Purkinje fibers, and baroreceptors of the body. Sodium acts as an “on/off” switch for a crucial neurotransmitter receptor in the brain. This helps in reducing the electrical activity surge in the brain which is responsible for triggering epileptic seizures.