USING HYOSCYAMUS 30 FOR EPILEPTIC PATIENTS:
KNOW WHY IT IS PRESCRIBED BY DOCTORS HERE
Epilepsy is a nervous disorder that is detected when we have seizures. Seizures are a state where we lose our consciousness and become numb for some time. The repetitive occurrence of seizures generally results in the diagnosis of epilepsy. Hyoscyamus 30 is one of the effective homeopathy medicines recommended for the disease.
Before we start to know about the medicine, let us know about the types of seizures before the medicine so that we get to know the effect of seizures on our brain.
EXPLAIN THE TYPES OF SEIZURES?
The seizures have different types affecting and causing different types of symptoms. Types of seizures are:
- A simple focus or partial seizure affects the five sense organs by causing alterations to the smell, vision, taste, touch, and hearing. These alterations indicate the poor working of the sense organs due to the seizure. The seizure also causes dizziness and a tingling sensation in the limbs.
- A complex partial seizure causes rather serious symptoms like staring blankly at someone or something, loss of consciousness, repeating the same movements continuously, and not responding to anyone or anything.
- An atonic seizure causes loss of muscle control of the brain. Since the brain is the operating system of our body, it might make us fall while sitting or standing.
- The absence seizure is quite similar to a complex partial seizure having similar symptoms like repeating movements like lip-smacking or blinking. It also causes loss of consciousness and awareness around and a blank stare.
- The clonic seizure makes the person repeat the weird muscle movements of the face, arms, and neck
- The tonic seizures make the muscles of the brain stiff.
- The myoclonic seizure makes the arms and legs twitch quickly.
- The tonic-clonic seizure is rather a complicated one where the body becomes stiff, no control over bladder or bowel movement, loss of consciousness, and shaking of the body.
These were the types of seizures one may or may not experience.
WHAT IS HYOSCYAMUS 30?
Hyoscyamus 30 is homeopathic medicine. The medicine is prepared from the extracts of the hyoscyamus niger plant. The hyoscyamus plant is commonly known as henbane and has been listed as an endangered species by the World Conservation Union’s Red List. The plant is used to cure many problems like:
- Bone ailments
- Nervous diseases
- Stomach pain
- The oil is beneficial for medicinal massages
All the parts of the plants are very useful be it roots, stems, leaves, seeds, etc. However, Hyoscyamus 30 is prepared from the extracts of the vegetables of the plants.
Hyoscyamus 30 is a diluted medicine because of the high power of the plant it is prepared with. Earlier, upon its discovery, the plant was associated with witchcraft and magic and later worked as the local anesthesia.
WHAT IS THE PRICE AND DOSAGE OF HYOSCYAMUS 30?
Hyoscyamus 30 prices are very volatile. There are many brands and/or manufacturers in the market who keep the prices differ from one another depending on the quality of their products.
However, there is a certain range within which the medicine of all the brands fits in. The hyoscyamus 30 will cost us between Rs. 85 – 150.
The dosage of hyoscyamus 30 depends on the dases prescribed to us by the doctor. Since it is a homeopathic medicine we can assume that the medicine can be taken at least twice a day followed by the protocols made by the doctor.
Generally, homeopathic medicines suit everyone but there are some exceptional allergies or diseases which do not get along with homeopathic medicine. It is advisable to consult with a doctor and take the medicines.
WHAT ARE THE USES OF HYOSCYAMUS 30?
Hyoscyamus 30 uses are widely popular, not only because of its medicinal benefits but because of the other uses as well. So, the uses are:
- Hyoscyamus 30 benefits with epilepsy, a nervous disorder that is often cited by the occurrence of seizures. Plant-based medicines prevent the occurrence of repetitive seizures and neural tube defects. It also helps with the nervous twitches in the brain by relieving the pain temporarily.
- It provides temporary relief to the muscles pain
- It helps to increases our alertness
- It helps with our creativity
- It was locally used to treat insomnia
- It aids with psychological problems like jealousy, suspicions, and feelings
- It eases the jerkings and cramps occurring due to stomach pain or seizures
- Is effective in lending a hand to cure paranoids
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF HYOSCYAMUS 30?
There is a list of hyoscyamus side effects which we must look into before indulging in the medicines. The side effects are
- Overheating in the body
- Less amount of sweating
- Dry mouth
- Increase in heart rate
- Problems during urination
- Disturbed visions
According to the early days, the plant out of which the medicine is made – the henbane plant was considered to have magic. It was used earlier for hallucination and then as local anesthesia too. The plant’s extract is said to be very powerful, especially when taken raw and can be deadly too.
This is why Hyoscyamus 30 medicine is made out of the vegetable of the plant and is in a diluted form to reduce the harmful effects to the minimum, keeping the other benefits intact.
So, make sure to consult with the doctors before consuming the medicines.