USING SARASWATARISHTA FOR NERVOUS SYSTEM DISORDERS LIKE EPILEPSY:
” KNOW A TO Z ABOUT THIS HERE “
The nervous system is the core of the human body, responsible for proper functioning and coordination between its various parts. Like any other eminent part of the human system, there are a variety of problems that are associated with the core. Epilepsy is once such a well-known condition that affects the nervous system.
Medical surveys have discovered that about 3.4 million people in the world suffer from epilepsy. The latest surveys have also suggested that about 0.6% of children belonging to the 0 -17 years age group have been victimized by active epilepsy.
What could be the perfect solution for a problem like this?
Ayurveda has been the savior of mankind since the beginning of time. The most natural and purest ways to treat any known disease or disorder are enclosed within this very branch of medical science. Saraswatarishta is a tool of Ayurveda that has been proven effective in the treatment of epilepsy.
How? Let’s find out.
One of Ayurveda’s greatest marvels is Saraswatarishta. It is known to be a traditional nerve tonic that helps in the treatment of various problems associated with neurology as well as psychology.
Widely popular as an anti-aging tonic, Saraswatarishta is a widely popular ayurvedic medication. The medicine is available in liquid form as syrups, tonics, and juices. The medicine itself contains 5-10 percent of self-produced alcohol that is responsible for delivering the herbal components of the medicine to all the parts of the body. This is termed Sarasvatarishtam.
The medicine has proven to be versatile as it has been deemed to cure a wide array of problems ranging from head to toe. It is enriched with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and immune-stimulant properties. There is no wonder that it works like magic in dealing with problems like neuralgia, epilepsy, and other mental disorders.
WHAT INTO THE MAKING OF SARASWATARISHTA?
Saraswatharishtam is a perfect blend of many herbs that form a perfect tonic to resolve many health issues. These ingredients also prevent the occurrence of future disorders. Following are the most ingredients that go into the making of the medicine:
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) : This is the main ingredient that goes into the manufacturing of the medicine. This herb is useful in boosting attentiveness, focus, and concentration. It relieves anxiety and helps in balancing the emotions and hormones to treat neurological disorders.
- Vidari (Pueraria tuberose): This herb is helpful in maintaining a good body mass and strength.
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus): The queen of herbs, Shatavari is that element in Ayurveda that acts as a nutritive tonic. With its antioxidant, immunomodulatory, and anti-depressant properties, it helps in treating mental and neurological disorders, thus leading to the rejuvenation of the body.
- Madhu (Honey): It is equally helpful in balancing pitta and kapha doshas by assisting the penetration of the medicine.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula): It is helpful in balancing the three doshas – vata, kapha, and pitta, that control the overall physiological, mental, and emotional health of a being.
- Sunthi (Zingiber officinale): Helps in digestion.
- Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare): Widely used for assisting digestion, this ingredient can also soothe the stomach.
- Sarkara (Sugar): It is an ayurvedic blood purifier.
- Usira (Vetiveria zizanioides): It is an ayurvedic detoxifier.
- Dhataki (Woodfordia fruticosa): It works as an immunity modulator.
- Vacha (Acorus calamus): This versatile herb helps in improving digestion, voice quality as well as psychological disorders.
The other herbs that go into the making of the medicine are : Trivrit (Operculina turpenthum), Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Nirgundi (Vitex negundo), Bibhitaki (Terminalia belerica), Pippali (Piper longum), Lavanga (Syzygium aromaticum), Kushta (Saussurea lappa), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Ela (Elettaria cardamomum), Vidanga (Embelia Ribes), Cinnamon, Cardamom and so much more.
METHOD OF MANUFACTURING
The method of manufacturing plays a huge role in producing the right cure for the problems. How is Saraswatarishta manufactured? Here is a detailed procedure:
- All the herbs are first transformed into coarse powder.
- The powder is then added to water and boiled and reduced to its 1/4th.
- The mixture is filtered and stored in a mud point. A gold leaf of 12 grams is added to it.
- The pot is kept sealed for a month.
- The mixture is completely fermented after a month and it is checked whether the gold leaf has disintegrated in the liquid.
- The mixture is filtered again and stored in a vessel smeared with Ghee.
THERAPEUTIC USES OF SARASWATARISHTA
Saraswatarishta’s uses are not just limited to the brain and the rest of the nervous system. It is a perfect solution for a variety of other problems. It benefits the body by balancing the three doshas inside the body – Vata, pitta, and Kapha. The cooling nature of the medicines soothes the entire body.
Here is a list of diseases and disorders that can be treated with Saraswatarishta.
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Dementia, also known as memory loss
- Insomnia, widely known as sleeplessness
- Nervous debility
HOW IS SARASWATARISHTA BENEFICIAL?
Saraswatarishta benefits the body in the following possible manners:
- Improves digestion: The tonic acts as a natural appetizer. It is effective in solving problems associated with digestion and excretion.
- Boosts Immunity: Weak immune system is the underlying reason behind a majority of body issues. The medicine boosts both endurance, immunity, and body strength. This further helps the body in resisting diseases naturally.
- Memory enhancement: One important feature of medicine is that it is helpful for problems associated with the brain. Daily consumption of the medicine has boosted the memory and brainpower of the consumers. They have found it useful for problems involving memory loss as well.
- Improves voice quality: For those who have a hoarse voices, medicine has proved useful in improving both tone and pitch of the voice. It is also helpful for people experiencing stammering in their speech.
- Aids in female problems: Fertility problems are believed to have affected a majority of women nowadays. Saraswatarishta contains herbal ingredients that help in the detoxification of the uterus which ultimately improves fertility in females. In case one experiences problems associated with menstruation, the medicine can be equally helpful in relieving the symptoms.
- Addresses men’s trouble: Not just females, but males are as well subjected to a variety of problems that affect their fertility. Daily consumption of the tonic can be helpful in improving the quality of semen and sperm, increasing their motility and count, thereby boosting male fertility. It is also useful in dealing with sexual as well as general debility, premature ejaculation, and erectile dysfunctions.
- Helps in concentration: Concentration is one of the most important abilities a person must possess. The medicine ensures improved concentration.
- Intellectual development: Daily consumption of medicine also boosts the intellectual capability of the mind.
- Keeps us sane: Stress and depression may deteriorate the state of mind. This medicine can prove helpful in maintaining one’s sanity.
- Skin problems: Seems like almost every person in the world has to undergo a phase where they are affected by one more skin problem. Common it may be, it still can affect the well-being of a person. This medicine improves the natural health of the skin.
Acne, blemishes, pigmentation, wrinkles, etc., all can be treated by the medicine that helps in removing the toxins and cleanses the skin.
- Aging problems: This medicine can actually increase the life expectancy of a person. By boosting the overall health, strength, stamina as well as vitality, it promises a longer life to its consumers.
How can one ensure that the medicine consumed gives the best possible results? It is only possible when the one who knows what to consume is also aware of how and when to consume it. Thus, a proper dose of the medicine is the only way forward in the treatment of a disease.
The most appreciated aspect of Saraswatarishta syrup is that it is safe for consumption in both kids above 5 years of age as well as adults. However, the dosage in both cases varies.
- For children: Half the dose for the adults, twice a day with equal amounts of water.
- For adults: 4 teaspoons or 20-24ml of medicine with equal quantity of water, once or twice a day as per the direction from the expert.
- Pregnant and lactating females: In the case of pregnant ladies, the medicine is not suitable. With lactating mothers, the dosage must adhere to the instructions provided by the expert.
SARASWATARISHTA SIDE EFFECTS –
CAN IT BE HARMFUL?
The biggest advantage of ayurvedic medicines is that consumption of the product does not lead to any side effects.
However, an overdose may be harmful. In case you experience excessive sweating, increased body warmth, or hiccups, do not worry as these are the signs that might appear during the initial days of consumption. It is however advised that in all these cases, one must increase the amount of water intake with the medicine.
KNOW IF SARASWATARISHTA IS COST-EFFICIENT OR NOT.
Saraswatarishta’s price policy is subjected to a lot many factors of which the brand that manufactures it as well as the variant are the most important ones. Different brands have a different composition of the medicine which changes the cost of production and ultimately leads to the variation in selling price.
However, as per the basic information available through the online sources, the basic price range for Saraswatarishta syrup is Rs. 100 – Rs. 500.
It is essential to understand that this price range includes all the variants available by different brands.
A MINI EPILEPSY GUIDE FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING
Epilepsy is a disorder associated with the nervous system. It may involve a series of recurring seizures or convulsions. These can be defined as the disturbance caused in mental functioning due to an abnormal electrical discharge. These can either affect the entire brain or a certain part of the brain.
WHAT CAUSES EPILEPSY?
The possible causes of epilepsy are not yet known. But there are a series of risk factors that make one prone to such a neurological disorder. The risk factors behind epilepsy are mentioned below:
- Family history: Genes can be an underlying reason behind this disorder.
- Infections and auto-immune diseases: It might sound strange but a variety of infections like meningitis, encephalitis, and AIDS makes you prone to the risk of experiencing epilepsy.
- Injuries: A head injury may trigger the cause of epilepsy in a patient. Medical surveys have proven that injuries be it physical or mental through a shock, is the most prominent cause for increased risk of epilepsy.
- Tumors: Brain tumors can make you prone to epilepsy.
- Blood vessel disorder: When the neurological health of a person is compromised due to the improper functioning of blood vessels, it makes him/her prone to a disorder like epilepsy.
- Prenatal injury: While in the mother’s womb, a child may become a victim of the infection or other factors like poor nutrition or oxygen deficiency. This may cause brain damage that can, in the future, result in epilepsy.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF EPILEPSY?
A person suffering from epilepsy may experience the following symptoms:
- Temporary confusion
- Lack of consciousness
- Staring spell
- Uncontrollable arm and leg jerking
- Bright flashing lights
- Involuntary passage of urine
HOW IS IT DIAGNOSED?
A doctor may begin with a series of questions regarding family history, injuries, and lifestyle habits. This is followed by a physical examination. The following procedures may be involved:
- Blood count and other blood tests may be required to diagnose an infection or any other disease.
- Blood sugar levels will also be checked
- A procedure called Electroencephalogram may be done.
- Image testing through CT scans or MRIs or even PET scans can be done.
HOW IS EPILEPSY TREATED?
Epilepsy requires a sophisticated treatment. It is not something that can be treated at home alone. A doctor’s guidance is necessary to initiate the process of recovery. In severe cases, surgery might also be an option.
- A ketogenic diet is also known as the high fiber but low carbohydrate diet must be adopted in order to prevent seizures.
- Surgery involves the removal of that part of the brain which is affected.
- Nerve pain medications can block the pain caused by the damaged nerves.
- Sedatives may help in calming the senses.
- Anticonvulsant, as the name suggests, controls the occurrence of seizures. Example: phenytoin, phenobarbital etc.
- Vagus nerve stimulators can provide relaxation by stimulating the nerves. This can be helpful in controlling seizures.
WHAT COMPLICATIONS CAN EPILEPSY RESULT IN?
A number of complications that can result due to epilepsy are:
- Depression and mood swings.
- Complications in pregnancy.
- Unexpected death
- An injury like a tongue bite or severe bleeding due to falling.
Preventing epilepsy is only possible if the diseases that might lead to it are eradicated or at least controlled so that they may not trigger its occurrence.
Having good lifestyle habits can assist this prevention. Appropriate sleeping hours, proper diet, exercise are a few of the many practices that should be encouraged.
HOW IS IT HELPFUL IN EPILEPSY?
This is how consuming saraswatarishta can be helpful in treating epilepsy:
- It improves immunity in the body which helps in fighting the infections that might trigger the cause for epilepsy.
- It reduces stress, anxiety, and depression as well as controls emotional well-being to any psychological shocks that may cause epilepsy.
- This helps in the regulation of blood flow in the brain so that its nutrients and oxygen may nurture the brain. Lack of oxygen and nutrients has been known as a cause for epilepsy.
- It keeps the brain calm.
Customer reviews are essential to understand the capability of the medicine. The reviews from the existing users can be of great help in deciding whether or not a medicine is suitable for your condition.
As in the case of Saraswatarista, the average customer rating stands at 4.1 out of 5. They have deemed the product as a “good working mind tonic”, “powerful medicine”, “suitable for old people”, “cure for sleeplessness”, “tasteful” as well as “cure for mental fatigue”.
Others have allegedly complained that some brands have induced preservatives in the product which naturally cuts down its effectiveness. It is therefore advised to always check the ingredients present in the medicine.
Safety information is always present in the packaging of the medicine. It is essential to not ignore it in order to ensure your well-being as well as preservation of the medicine.
- Always store the product in a cool and dry place.
- Never let it sit in direct sunlight.
- Always read the label particularly to check the ingredients.
- Never consume an overdose of the medicine.
- Store in a cool, dry, and dark place
- In the case of pregnant and breastfeeding females, always consult a doctor.
Saraswatarishta syrup can be your best friend in fighting epilepsy or the risk factors that make you prone to it. However, do not depend on the medicine entirely for the treatment of your problem. It is essential to understand that the syrup only assists the process of treatment. There are a lot many things that are required to lead on a path of recovery.