SHOULD YOU CONSIDER TAKING SHANKHAPUSHPI FOR EPILEPSY?
KNOW THE COMPLETE FACTS HERE.
Epilepsy is the fourth most common neurological disorder in the world. It’s a result of disruptive electrical activity in the brain and is incurable, however, there are many treatments available to make the lives of epileptic patients normal and seizure-free.
Most treatments are ineffective on patients that have drug-resistant epilepsy and have to resort to either surgery or an inconvenient painful life. There is always a search for alternative medications that can treat epileptic patients in every sphere.
Ayurveda has created many medicines that can treat epileptic patients and give them a normal life within 2-3 years of the treatment. Shankhapushpi, a medicinal herb, has been proven effective in treating epilepsy by various medical studies. Shankhapushpi syrup and oil are some of the most effective medicines that ayurvedic medicine has created to treat various disorders including epilepsy. Are you curious about what shankhapushpi is and how it treats epilepsy? Let’s find out!
WHAT IS SHANKHAPUSHPI?
Shankhapushpi is a perennial herb found in India and some parts of South Africa. It is believed to be a natural enhancer of mental stability and functioning. Shankhapushpi is helpful in treating mental health issues, it is a great memory enhancer and antioxidant.
Shankhapushpi is used in many skincare products as well, it has rejuvenating and anti-inflammatory properties that are helpful to treat acne and have glowing, smooth skin.
Recent studies have proven that shankhapushpi is effective in treating and preventing epilepsy because of its ability to improve brain functioning and provide pain relief. There are a lot of epilepsy symptoms that can be cured early, having children at risk of developing epilepsy consume shankhpushpi syrup can possibly prevent them from developing epileptic symptoms in the future. Let’s find out more about shankhapushpi!
Shankhapushpi is a versatile herb and has many medicinal benefits like –
- Stress-relieving properties
- Antidepressant herb
- Memory enhancer
- Digestive supplement
- Pain-relieving properties
- Breakouts, acne, wrinkles
- Sleep inducing properties
WHAT ARE THE USES OF THE SHANKHAPUSHPI HERB?
The many medical benefits of shankhapushpi allow it to be used in treating a lot of ailments. It provides an effective treatment for many neurological and psychological disorders. Here are some uses of shankhapushpi:
- Stress relief medication: Its natural abilities to relieve stress and keep the mind calm are effective in stress relief medication.
- Anti-anxiety and antidepressants: Its ability to calm the nerves and improve the functioning of the brain makes it an effective treatment option for anxiety and depression.
- Pain relievers: It has a natural ability to numb pain receptors and provide pain relief.
- Anti-inflammatory medication: It is used to heal wounds and infections on inflamed skin or scalp.
- Skincare products: It can treat acne and reduce wrinkling of the skin and is used in a lot of skincare products.
- Insomnia medication: It is helpful in treating insomnia and various sleep disorders.
- Digestive Supplements: It can improve digestion and treat many stomach issues and digestive problems.
- Anti-epileptic medication: It has recently been discovered as an anti-epileptic medication that can prevent the progression of epilepsy in younger patients by improving cognitive functioning and memory enhancement.
Although it is best to seek a medical consult before consumption, shankhapushpi is a safe medicine that has no known side effects and can be consumed by everyone. Pregnant women should always consult a doctor or physician before consuming shankhpushpi.
For shankhapushpi syrup:
- Drink two teaspoons of shankhapushpi syrup twice every day.
- Consuming it daily can lower the risk of epilepsy.
For shankhapushpi oil:
- Massage the forehead and scalp twice every week with shankhapushpi oil
- This can lower the risk of epileptic seizures
The usual price range of shankhapushpi syrup is Rs. 150-200 for a 450ml bottle. The shankhapushpi oil is in the price range of Rs. 240-500 for a 210ml bottle. It is an affordable medicine, and considering the effectiveness and results, it’s definitely worth a try!
HOW DOES IT TREAT EPILEPSY?
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder that affects the central nervous system of the body. Let’s look at how shankhapushpi can treat epilepsy:
- Shankhapushpi improves the functioning of the central nervous system and reduces the risk of epilepsy and epileptic seizure.
- Shankhapushpi calms the nerves and ensures the blood pressure is normal so it doesn’t trigger epileptic seizures.
- Stress is a harmful trigger of epileptic seizures and consuming shankhapushpi can prevent those triggers.
- A lot of patients lose consciousness and experience memory loss during and after a seizure, shankhapushpi’s memory enhancement abilities can help patients recover their memory quickly.
- A healthy appetite needs a healthy digestive system, unhealthy digestive systems can cause eating disorders and weakening of the immune system, which can trigger an epileptic seizure. Shankhapushpi can prevent this trigger with its digestive abilities.
- Anxiety can cause patients to become more frantic than usual and become a potential threat for themselves and other people, soothing and calming their nerves is very important to prevent a generalized seizure. Shankhapushpi effectively sedates and calms nerve cells so patients can be at ease.
Shankhapushpi is a versatile herb that can treat many disorders alone, this makes it the perfect and affordable treatment for epilepsy. Epileptic patients suffer from many painful and exhausting symptoms and triggers, shankhapushpi can reduce these seizures to a minimum and make the life of epileptic patients easier.