TALKING ABOUT SHANKHPUSHPI SYRUP FOR EPILEPSY:
KNOW THE BRIEF HERE
Millions of people across the globe heavily rely upon Ayurvedic medicines for the treatment of various illnesses. Shankhpushpi is a very commonly found plant in India. Ayurveda makes complete use of it in curing numerous ailments and owing to its anticonvulsant properties, Shankhpushpi syrup is often used as a remedy for epilepsy.
Epilepsy is a chronic neurological disease that not only affects the physical health of a person adversely but also can cause serious damage to an individual’s social life and consequently to his mental health. Epileptic seizures can be so violent at times that they can cause severe muscle twitching leading to death.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT SHANKHPUSHPI SYRUP
Shankhpushpi is also popularly known by numerous other names like Shankhini, Kambumalini, Samkhapushpi, Sadaphuli, Sankhaphuli, Clitoria ternatea, Asian pigeonwings, bluebellvine, blue pea, butterfly pea, Kordofan pea, and Darwin pea amongst others.
Shankhpushpi is a perennial herbaceous plant belonging to the Fabaceae family. The flowers of this plant have very attractive colors. They are either deep blue or white. Shankhpushpi plant is native to equatorial regions of Asia i.e South Asia and Southeast Asia. They are also found in various regions of Africa, Australia, and in both the American continents.
In traditional Ayurveda, Shankhpushpi or the Shankh( i.e conch) shaped flower has a broad spectrum of applications. Its different properties make it useful in the treatment of ailments in an individual’s body from head to toe.
WHAT ARE THE USES AND BENEFITS OF SHANKHPUSHPI SYRUP?
Shankhpushpi syrup uses are not confined to one category or one ailment. The addition of certain other herbs increases its efficacy. For example, Shankhpushpi and Brahmi syrup has a more powerful action than a syrup containing only Shankhpushpi as the active ingredient. This potent ayurvedic syrup is used to treat various medical conditions. The following can be considered as the most notable uses and benefits of Shankhpushpi syrup:
- Shankhpushpi Syrup is proven to be beneficial in improving learning and concentration power in individuals.
- The unique ayurvedic formulation helps reduce mental fatigue by improving cognitive functioning considerably.
- Shankhpushpi Syrup is a herbal tonic that boosts the overall mental and physical health of an individual by keeping stress at bay.
- This syrup is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids.
- They help in improving one’s memory capacity in terms of focus, concentration, calmness, alertness.
- Shankhpushpi Syrup is an amazing brain tonic that stimulates the brain. It is proven to have improved the power to memorize things, reasoning ability, problem-solving skills, and other notable cognitive abilities.
- Shankhpushpi Syrup has neuroprotective properties owing to its constituting elements that prevent loss of memory and help in relieving stress from the mind significantly. Therefore it can be ideally used to treat neurological medical issues like epilepsy.
- Shankhpushpi has potent anti-stress and anti-anxiety properties. These are beneficial in the treatment of various types of mental health issues including depression, restlessness, dementia, to name a few.
- Shankhpushpi Syrup helps in balancing the neurotransmitters and increases the secretion of dopamine. This in turn helps in keeping the serotonin levels in check. Symptoms of anxiety-like restlessness, uneasiness, cold hands, and feet are alleviated, calming down the mind and body.
- Various cardiovascular ailments can be treated with the help of Shankhpushpi Syrup due to its strong antioxidative property. It helps in strengthening the cardiac muscles and prevents the build-up of lipids in the blood vessels.
- Shankhpushpi Syrup has bioactive constituents, namely, extracts of ethanol that reduce the levels of non-esterified fatty acids. Hence the risk of heart attacks, heart blocks, blood clots, etc is significantly reduced.
- Cholesterol in the blood is also controlled with the consumption of Shankhpushpi syrup.
- It has digestive properties. It stimulates the secretion of digestive juices and therefore increases the ability of the body to absorb the essential nutrients. In this way, digestion is enhanced.
- It also helps in preventing retention of fluids and can be used to treat symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders like abdominal pain, distension, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome(IBS), etc.
- Various skin infections can also be addressed by the consumption of Shankhpushpi Syrup. The antioxidants effectively remove harmful free radicals from the body.
- Its antipruritic properties alleviate problems like itching due to allergic skin conditions like psoriasis, sunburn, eczema, acne, etc. It nourishes the skin from within and imparts a radiant and healthy glow to the skin. The aging process is retarded with the use of Shankhpushpi Syrup.
- Cases of chronic headaches, tension due to stress, and anxiety can be prevented by using this ayurvedic syrup. It can soothe irritated nerves, calm the brain and improve nerve function significantly.
- It has sedative properties.
- Shankhpushpi Syrup is also said to have properties that can affect female libido.
- The use of this ayurvedic medicine can help in reducing the intensity of behavior that is caused by the action of serotonin and acetylcholine.
WHAT IS THE PRICE OF SHANKHPUSHPI SYRUP?
Shankhpushpi syrup price for a bottle containing 450ml of the medicine ranges between 150/- INR to 200/- INR. Shankhpushpi syrup is available in lesser quantities as well. These are usually available under 100/- INR. The price is subject to minor variations depending upon the brand and the retailer. Shankhpushpi syrup might be available at discounted prices on leading pharmaceutical websites online like 1mg or Netmeds, to name a few.
HOW TO USE SHANKHPUSHPI SYRUP
There shouldn’t be any confusion regarding how to use Shankhpushpi syrup. Children should consume about 5ml to 10ml of syrup twice a day with either milk or plain water. In the case of adults, the dosage can be increased to 10ml to 15ml or in amounts as prescribed by the doctor.
Shankhpushpi syrup has strong antioxidant properties which help it to scavenge away all the free radicals from the body. Its various other properties have a calming effect on the brain due to which the abnormal brain activities are reduced to some extent. Therefore Shankhpushpi syrup cean be used to lower down the intensity of the seizures experienced by the individual suffering from epilepsy and other similar neurological disorders.